Four photocopiers are located to the right as you enter the Main Entrance of the Library and one is located with the Serials on the Fourth Floor. Copies are $0.10 for each copy; double-sided copies are $0.10 for each side of the sheet. All photocopiers require the use of photocopy cards.
Three microfiche readers and three combination microfiche and microfilm reader/printers are located beside the Reference Area. A photocopy card is required to make paper copies ($0.20/page) from the microform readers.
Copy cards can be purchased from the dispenser located beside the photocopiers on the Main Floor. Once you purchase a blank card at a cost of $1.00, you may place any monetary value on the card. Please note that the dispenser does not give change. For your convenience, a change machine is located adjacent to the dispenser.
The debit card readers attached to the photocopiers will deduct 10¢ from your card for each copy you make. Copies of microform materials made on the microform readers/printers cost 20¢ per page.
Departmental & research copy (debit) cards
The Vaughan Memorial Library provides copy cards (or 'Debit' cards) for use by faculty and departmentally-authorized staff and students, as well as research grant holders and their assistants. These cards are charged to departmental or research accounts and are kept at the Access Services Desk for use on the Library's photocopy machines and microform reader/printers.
Features of Departmental & Research Copy (Debit) Cards:
- Prearranged & exclusive debit cards for Library use only.
- Paid for by departments, grants, or individual faculty members.
- Each card contains 200 copies and costs $11.00.
- One copy is deducted from the card each time a photocopy is made; two copies are deducted for a printout from the microform reader/printer.
- Records of all cards charged to an account are sent to the Business Office.
- Cards stay within the Library.
- Cards are signed out by authorized persons only upon presentation of Acadia ID card
- Names of authorized persons to use departmental copy cards are supplied by departmental secretaries or Department Heads.
- Names of authorized persons to use research or grant copy cards are supplied by the faculty member.
- Copies of the sign-out sheets and the records of cards charged to an account will be forwarded periodically to departments or faculty upon request.
To establish a departmental or research or grant copy (debit) card account the department head or secretary should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The names of all people authorized to use the copy card.
- The account number to debit for copies used.
- Whether you wish to have a photocopy of the sign-out sheet at the end of the term.
Two printers are located on the far wall past the "Atlases" on the Main Floor. Both are connected to the printer name "lib-laser" and are dedicated for student use. You must log in to the Acadia network to access these printers.
These printers cannot accommodate requests to print on paper other than letter-size (8.5"x11"). Students who wish to print on legal size paper can do so, in person, at Technology Services.
If you have problems printing to the student printer in the Library:
- Confirm that you are logged into the network.
- Plug into the network
The wireless connection is considerably slower than a hard-wire connection into the network. If you have your network cable with you, it would be worthwhile plugging in when sending print requests.
- Make sure that you have enough print credits for the
You can check and add print credits to your account online at http://ts.acadiau.ca/how-do-i-add-more-print-credit.html or by visiting the User Support Centre.
If you are still having problems, visit Technology Services.