Donate to the Library
The Library welcomes gifts of materials in good condition that support current teaching and research in our undergraduate and graduate programs and that do not duplicate items already in our collections.
Help us make the best use of your donations
While the Library is always happy to receive donations of items that enhance our collections and support our current curriculum, there are things potential donors can do to help make the best use of items they wish to find a new home for.
Please call in advance (Erin Patterson, 902-585-1193) to see if we want and can use your particular donation. There are many items that we cannot make use of, and we do not have the space or staff to deal with unwanted items. There are other recipients who might be able to make better use of your donations, and we can help connect you with them.
There are some items we welcome:
- contemporary literary fiction, poetry, drama, and criticism in English
- runs of scholarly and/or literary journals that fill gaps in our holdings
There are also items we regretfully cannot accept:
- duplicates of items already in our collection
- materials that have been damaged by (for example) water, damp, mildew, mould, animals, insects, or smoke (including cigarette smoke)
- popular fiction
- encyclopedia sets
- cassette tapes, LPs, and CDs
- VHS tapes
Another way to donate
You can also make a monetary donation to the Library through Acadia University's Office of Advancement. Further information is available on the Development page of the main Acadia website.
For more information about digital bookplates or gifts to the library, please contact:
Vaughan Memorial Library