How does the search box work?
- Articles: Articles from scholarly journals available online and in print.
- Books: E-books and print books.
- Databases: Large searchable collections of materials available as part of large collections.
- Journals: Scholarly journals available online and in print.
- Subject Guides: Informational guides provided by our librarians and archivists.
- Everything Else: Resources from our library catalogue that are not articles or books. These may include newspapers, conference proceedings, archival material, theses, etc.
- Library Website: Links to other pages on this website.
You can also use:
- Course Reserves: Required and supplementary course material that professors have made available at the library.
- Acadia Scholar: Acadia's online collection of students' theses.
- Archives: Collections of digital material made available by Acadia's Esther Clark Wright Archives.
- Worldcat: Material available locally, or for interlibrary loans.
- Interlibrary Loan: Request an interlibrary loan.
- Novanet Classic: Classic view of the library catalogue.
During the academic year, all post-secondary institutions in Nova Scotia collaborate to provide an online help service. This service is primarily intended for simple questions (e.g. "Where is this book located?" "How do I access the full text of this article?"). For more complex questions, we recommend that you contact your librarian directly.